photo credits: Allure.com via Polyvore
New Year. New Trends.
1. White manis were on the runway for Spring 2013. This clean and modern look works best on short, slightly rounded nails. Try Deborah Lippman's Like a Virgin or Amazing Grace to recreate this new neutral.
2. Metallic shadows were also seen for Spring '13, ranging from bold pewter at Chanel to golden bronze at Versace. Combine the look with a bit of black eyeliner and top with black mascara.
3. I'm personally very happy that bright lips are here to stay. Take the time to find the right shade of shocking pink, red, or poppy to flatter your skin tone. Keep it matte. Too much shine on a bright lip can look a little cheap. Try Nars Funny Face, MAC Russian Red, or FACE Stockholm French Martini.
4. How do you feel about Pantone's color of the year: Emerald? I'm not so sure I'm loving it quite yet but I am sure that I'm seeing emerald nail shades popping up, like OPI's Jade is the New Black.
5. Vibrant blue lids are fun and punchy. Try aqua, cobalt or navy. On the runway, Armani did aqua, Moniqhue Lhuiller created some drama with MAC electric eel and Just Cavalli (my fav) played with navy.
Which beauty trends will you try in 2013?